Role of Demonstration projects in innovation: transition to sustainable energy and transport (InnoDemo)Dec 1 2016
This project will provide key insights on the role trial and demonstration projects can play in improving the development and diffusion of innovations and accelerating transition processes. It concentrates on demonstration projects and trials for sustainable transport and energy solutions in Norway, Denmark and Sweden. The project is a collaborative effort between NIFU, Lund University and DTU, to facilitate a broad approach, multi-disciplinary expertise and access to local knowledge and stakeholder networks.
The aim of this project is to gain a better understanding of the main outcomes, effects and impacts of demonstration and trial projects.
We pose the following research questions:
-What are the main contributions of Scandinavian demonstration and trial projects and programmes to sustainable energy and transport transitions? -How should the governance of such projects and programmes be developed to further support their contribution?
The project is organized in five work packages:
WP1: Demonstration and trial projects – state of the art study
- Klitkou, Coenen, Dannemand Andersen, Fevolden, Hansen, Nikoleris, Olsen (2013) State of the art study presented at International conference IST2013: Role of demonstration projects in innovation: transition to sustainable energy and transport. Download Paper.
WP2: Inventory of demonstration and trial projects
- Dannemand Andersen, Cramer-Petersen, Harnes, Klitkou, Nikoleris (2014) Inventory of demonstration and trial projects in sustainable energy and transport in Scandinavia. Download report.
WP3: Outcomes of demonstration and trial projects
- Klitkou, Borup, Fevolden, Nikoleris (2014) Scandinavian demonstration projects for sustainable energy and transport: Their contribution to the formation of broad and aligned networks. Download report.
WP4: Effects and impact of demonstration and trial projects
- Klitkou (2016) Demonstration projects in transition processes to sustainable energy and transport. Download article.
- Hansen, Klitkou, Borup, Scordato, Wessberg (2017) Path creation in Nordic energy and road transport systems – The role of technological characteristics. Download article.
WP5: Policy brief and recommendations
- Klitkou, Coenen, Dannemand Andersen, Fevolden, Hansen, Nikoleris, Olsen (2015) Demonstrasjonsprosjekters rolle i overgangen til bærekraftig energi og transport: Policy brief fra prosjektet InnoDemo. NIFU Arbeidsnotat.
- Klitkou & Hansen (2015) Læring og kommunikasjon viktig: Erfaringer med demonstrasjonsprosjekter for bærekraftig energi og transport i Skandinavia. Forskningspolitikk 24. june 2015.
- Hansen & Klitkou (2015) Kronik: Stil flere krav til demonstrationsprojekter. Ingeniøren 12. august 2015.