Nordic R&D Statistics
On these web sites NIFU has collected available Nordic statistics on R&D (research and experimental development). Data sources are the national producers of R&D statistics in the Nordic countries as well as OECD’s Main Science and Technology Indicators and Eurostat.
- Newsletter on R&D Statistics in the Nordic countries
- Collection of figures and tables
- NORBAL (PhD statistics from the Nordic and Baltic countries)
- Report on R&D in the higher education sector
- Nordic Research – Key Data 2012 (Booklet with tables and figures produced by NIFU and published by the Nordic Council of Ministers. Tables and figures in detail here.)
- Producers of R&D statistics
In all the Nordic countries the production of R&D statistics is based on the OECD Frascati Manual, 2002. Still there will be national adaptations to guidelines that may help to explain differences in the R&D statistics. The Nordic producers of R&D statistics try to make the statistics as comparable as possible and are cooperating on methodological issues.
Contacts for Nordic R&D statistics at NIFU: Kaja Wendt and Marte Blystad