8 feb 2015
Nordic Fields of Higher Education Conference
The core question for the conference is: What do we really know about the Nordic model for higher education?
The conference marks the end of a Nordforsk funded project/network “Nordic Fields of Higher Education” by highlighting key findings and results from the project. The presenters include network members who have worked in these topics as well as selected external high quality scholars. The conference will be organised around sessions that focus on one or more of the following four topics (read more about the themes here):
- Recruitment and social structures of higher education in the Nordic countries
- Dropout and study progression in Nordic higher education
- Organizational features (processes of change) of Nordic higher education systems
- Transitions from upper secondary education to higher education
In addition to paper presentations, the conference features selected keynote speakers. The confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Professor Professor Michèle Lamont (Harvard University, USA)
- Professor Agnes Van Zanten (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Sciences Po, France)
- Professor Peter Maassen (University of Oslo, Hedda)
- Professor Sverker Sørlin (KTH, Sweden / NIFU, Norway)
The presentations will be of relevance for those who are working in relevant knowledge areas, including policymakers, stakeholders as well as researchers on the field of education. By combining both the research relevance and user focus the conference will provide a flexible and unique arena for knowledge exchange.
Call for Papers:
The call for papers closed on 31st of March.
Limited number of places available. Conference fee: 2000 NOK Practical information about the payment process, conference location, possibility for hotel bookings, transport system in Oslo can be found here.
Important dates and deadlines:
|Registration opens:||March 2014|
|Abstract deadline||March 31st 2014|
|Notification of acceptance||May 1st 2014|
|Full paper deadline||October 1st 2014|
For more information, contact
Mari Elken, Researcher, Higher Education